Author Topic: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 8/17  (Read 1242 times)

Lenny53

• Crew
  • Respect: +1675
Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 8/17
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:33:32 AM »
+1

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +194
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 8/17
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
+1
on a business trip down south.

Frisco 4003 on display in 2016 at the Fort Smith Trolley Museum in Fort Smith, Arkansas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco_4003

"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +144
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »
This past Sunday I recorded some action at Lewistown Station:

Also, here are some new things installed at Lewistown:
New signals replacing the PRR's for both EB and WB:

New Train Control, to be used to detect train speed on the curve outside the station heading west toward Mt. Union

Apparently last month a coal train derailed on the same curve.
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6800
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
+2
We were getting out of our car this evening at my stepson's Little League game in Hockessin, Delaware, when, across the street, this happened:

The Wilmington & Western RR train came into town.  This is the end of the line.  Not long after this shot was taken, the locomotive ran around the car to do the return trip.

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3511
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:54:41 PM »
+2
GCK (WM) #7471 and 7436 gleam in the sun after a wash and a wax by a crew of about 20 or so last weekend in Westernport, MD. 

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

From Gerald Altizer :

SD40 7471 is good except it needs a DP12 I/O card replaced. It fired after 2-3 seconds on the starter and is running clean.

SD38P 7436 needs a fuel injector rocker arm replaced and I'm pretty sure it needs new batteries. The injection rocker got here too late yesterday to install it and set the injector timing before the Precision Locomotive Service crew had to leave.

Both units got all new injectors. Storing locomotives that long (nearly 5 years) without running will freeze the injectors. If you try to crank it with stuck injectors you're going to break a bunch of stuff.

In the future, 3 more original Western Maryland units will join these on the property.  They are currently in various states of repair and location.

SD40 7496 is being shipped to Staunton, Virginia where Precision has track space. It needs minor troubleshooting and wiring repair in the low voltage transition circuit, battery box covers, new injectors, 6 combos and cleaned and painted inside and out. It is the last new locomotive delivered by EMD to Western Maryland in the Speedletter paint scheme.

SD40 7445 is still at Metro East and the work to be done there includes painting inside and out, the stolen high voltage cables replaced, and it also needs 6 combos. The work completed includes new battery box covers, new cab floor, fuel tank painted and installed, and the fire damage in the electrical cabinet has been repaired. It is the first new locomotive delivered by EMD to Western Maryland in the red-white-black paint scheme.

GP9 39 needs a complete low voltage rewire and painted. It is the only existing Western Maryland first generation locomotive that wore the red-white-black paint scheme.  This unit is currently sitting in primer, interior gutted with plywood covering the windows, sitting in Westernport, MD.

Caleb Austin

• Crew
  • Respect: +522
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 09:19:41 PM »
+2
Here's one of the southbound Auto Train passing the Ashland VA depot.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
    • My train pics
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »
CP eXpressway crossing the trestle at Cherrywood. noteworthy in that this location to shoot EB's in the early eveing is opened up after the forest here was obliterated for a massive housing development. It may become a park (we hope) here, so always a chance it'll stick around. Also of note is the concrete in the foreground, which I intentionally included in the exposure. It is the east end of the Canadian Northern Railway bridge over Duffins Creek, an equally large bridge built at the same time or a little before CP's bridge. After Canadian National's formation, this line was essentially a very long branchline, the former GTR mainline along Lake Ontario becoming the preferred mainline, and in the early 1940's the CNoR mainline was torn up through here in a scrap metal drive.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1404
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Nice shot of that bridge.

R L Smith

• Crew
  • Respect: +568
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 10:36:23 PM »
+1
A recent repaint for B&P:

Inside the shop, dwarfing a Muni PCC recently painted for Pittsburgh.

Just another day at the office.   8)

ELHS and NMRA member

If the women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy...

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 12:09:08 AM »
Saw this "abandonded" trailer on Friday, here in New Milford, CT. Grabbed a few pics today.

Joe D