Author Topic: Manifest Freight Operations on the UPRR Geneva Sub  (Read 1531 times)

rochsub

• Crew
  • Respect: +253
    • The N Scale UPRR Geneva Subdivision
Manifest Freight Operations on the UPRR Geneva Sub
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
Here's the first two parts of a four part series on manifest freight operations on the UPRR Geneva Subdivision.

mark dance

• Crew
  • Respect: +1279
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Re: Manifest Freight Operations on the UPRR Geneva Sub
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
Beautiful.  The things that really hit home to me in the second video were the signals and the consistent level of weathering on all the equipment.  I really have to get to the weathering on my stuff...

thx for posting these!

md
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

superchief

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
Love the videos Daryl !! you have nailed it, everything looks/ and runs great. The custom turnouts, signals, and the weathering brings it all together, lots of work but well worth it. Gordon :D

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2382
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »
Daryl, absolutely wonderful. If I get half your level of execution and operation on my soon-to-be-layout, I will be very, very happy.

That said, something caught my eye in a couple of scenes in Part I - two BLMA porta-potties. Fun details, yes, but you might want to get them closer to a service road so the "honey truck" can tend to them. They ought to be getting pretty rank about now.  :-X
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

rochsub

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »
Daryl, absolutely wonderful. If I get half your level of execution and operation on my soon-to-be-layout, I will be very, very happy.

That said, something caught my eye in a couple of scenes in Part I - two BLMA porta-potties. Fun details, yes, but you might want to get them closer to a service road so the "honey truck" can tend to them. They ought to be getting pretty rank about now.  :-X

You'd be surprised how many times they get knocked over!  Not by vandals, but by my big clumsy fingers.  Also, my wife like to put them in gondolas or flats when I'm not looking.

rochsub

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:36 AM »
Thanks everyone. 

Here are parts III & IV of the series.  Part III is 25 minutes, so you may want to fast forward through parts of it.  But, it does show all the steps necessary to switch local industries in Franklin Grove.