Author Topic: Assistance In Identifying N-Scale Station Model Needed  (Read 200 times)

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +136
    • Trains N Scale
Assistance In Identifying N-Scale Station Model Needed
« on: Yesterday at 08:38:00 PM »
Bearing Wyoming signage, can anyone provide the kit manufacturer and/or any prototype information on the unusual N-Scale station model that is pictured below?

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1431
Re: Assistance In Identifying N-Scale Station Model Needed
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:06:40 AM »
A quick search with Google Images didn't find anything.  The most common result was various RGS Rico station kits, which this certainly isn't.

The closest I found was a 1912 postcard of the Lancaster, NH station, but that wasn't that good a match.

Are you sure it was a kit?  Could it have been scratchbuilt, or heavily kitbashed?
N Kalanaga
Be well

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +136
    • Trains N Scale
Re: Assistance In Identifying N-Scale Station Model Needed
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:26:46 AM »
A quick search with Google Images didn't find anything.  The most common result was various RGS Rico station kits, which this certainly isn't.

The closest I found was a 1912 postcard of the Lancaster, NH station, but that wasn't that good a match.

Are you sure it was a kit?  Could it have been scratchbuilt, or heavily kitbashed?

After acquiring the assembled model, like you, I spent quite a bit of time on Google trying to figure out what kit it might be and what the prototype was.

While the station might have been scratchbuilt or kitbashed, the cut outs in the scribed wooden siding, the roofing strips, and the wooden windows and doors appear to have been laser cut.