Author Topic: River Point Station Fords Closout Sale  (Read 3499 times)

Spades

• Crew
  • Respect: +171
Re: River Point Station Fords on Sale Now
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »
More than you ever wanted to know about the body style

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series_(ninth_generation)

It was the last F-150 with the 4.9L and Mazda Manual transmission.   Although the F-150 would have a manual transmission option until 2008.

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +293
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
Re: River Point Station Fords Closeout Sale
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 11:13:04 AM »
I received an email informing me that the "shop" that is liquidating the left over stock of River Point Station's 1992-97 Ford F-250 crew cab pickups and F-350 service trucks will no longer be accepting new orders after December 15, 2023.

Here is the link to the remaining N scale truck models.  https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/n-scale-trucks

And here is a link to the remaining accessory. https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/n-scale-accessories

At $8.00 for a 2-pack of trucks and $2.00 for 6 pairs of mirrors, these models are definitely bargain priced!  I ordered 10 more sets of trucks and 5 more packets of mirrors a few weeks ago.  Of course, after the RPS Fords are gone you will still be able to purchase the Atlas models, but not at this price.  This is also a great opportunity to acquire some trucks for kit bashing regular cab pickups and crew cab service trucks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 11:50:12 AM by cfritschle »
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4704
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: River Point Station Fords Closout Sale
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2023, 05:23:53 PM »
Looks like the mirrors are sold out.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2802
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 08:39:55 PM »
They include mirrors with the vehicles, might not be the big ones...Got 2 sets of Santa Fe F-350 Utility and PU last month. For 8 bucks a set....Insane...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 08:41:57 PM by chuck geiger »
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 09:46:56 PM »
They include mirrors with the vehicles, might not be the big ones...Got 2 sets of Santa Fe F-350 Utility and PU last month. For 8 bucks a set....Insane...

Chuck,

Yes, the RPS F-350 service trucks come with a set of "West Coast" mirrors.  However, I have purchased several extra sets of the RPS mirrors because they are perfect not only for the RPS Fords, but also for most medium duty N scale trucks in which the prototype had a pickup based cab, such as the Showcase Miniatures Kodiak grain truck shown below.

And yes, the updated Showcase Kodiak kit comes with a set of mirrors, but I have a bunch of the "original" Kodiak models that did not come with mirrors.  The mirrors can also be used for the C in C 1973-89 C60/C65 Chevy trucks that never came with mirrors, and I have even more of the C in C trucks that are in need of mirrors!  ;) 
Carter

Jon898

• Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 03:58:34 PM »
Thanks for the link to the closeout.  I bought 3 packets (6 vehicles) and was wondering if anyone had saved the instructions for the mirror install - the RPS website which had the instructions for the mirrors is no longer functioning.

Not a big deal, but I can see myself twisting the mirror fret the wrong way... :facepalm:

Jon

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 05:58:22 PM »
Thanks for the link to the closeout.  I bought 3 packets (6 vehicles) and was wondering if anyone had saved the instructions for the mirror install - the RPS website which had the instructions for the mirrors is no longer functioning.

Not a big deal, but I can see myself twisting the mirror fret the wrong way... :facepalm:

Jon

Jon,

Yes, I converted the pdf file to a jpeg.
Carter

Jon898

• Respect: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2023, 08:16:38 AM »
Fantastic!  Thanks for your help.

Jon

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2023, 09:33:07 PM »
I ordered some so I can make more regular cab pickups like the ones shown below.

Your idea of making regular cab trucks out of these just sold another $100 worth.   Someone else posted this sale at one point and I bought some BN's and one or two randoms, but never thought about cutting them down.  Great idea.

Also, the modules I'm planning will likely include a Ford dealership. so I'll need a nice collection.

EDIT: And now I noticed....they're completely sold out now!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 09:45:05 PM by Rivet Miscounter »
Doug

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2802
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 11:09:46 AM »
RPS should give us props, all gone....
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com