Author Topic: KATO N Scale GS-4 with single function key controlling all headlights  (Read 399 times)

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +501
A great big thanks to ESU LokSound io group and especially John Griffin and very big thanks to "Dwight in Toronto". Without all of their help, I would still be struggling, I was actually ready to give up.

/>
I'll get her all put back together and dressed up soon now.
Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas

Dwight in Toronto

• Crew
  • Respect: +353
+1
Congrats Carl - it was a bit of a grind, but this simple little introduction to ESU flowcharting is a nice technique to have added to your toolbox of tricks.   Enjoy!

Steveruger45

• Crew
  • Respect: +527
+1
Great to see you succeed in this project Carl.   Thanks also to all those that helped.  This thread will be a great reference resource.  👍
Steve

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +501
Dwight & Steve, thanks to both of you for the kind remarks. I have really enjoyed this project that I almost gave up on. I was thinking that what the heck I have the mars working on F5 so what is the big deal. However, by doing this flowchart, I saved the F5 key for something else and I could have made the upper headlight, not mars, by programming the "upper HL as Aux2.2 and programmed to an F key but that would have used up another key. So basically I have saved 2 F keys for something else.

Now I am getting auntsy to add a new .wav file to the decoder to add an old fashioned "ahooga horn", that way I would have normal steam whistle, air horn, as well as the ahooga horn. That would not be prototypical, for sure, but well accepted by viewers during operating shows.

Thanks again!
Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas