Author Topic: 3D printed Coffin feedwater heater for N Bachmann Berkshire T-1 (B&M, ATSF, SP)  (Read 1826 times)

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +385
Dirk-
While really interesting the mongrel 1-B = B / 1-B = B-1 turret versions are a challenge.
I would only be interested in the original EMC boxcab and given the possibility of making variations in 3D CAD I would buy two 1C (1A and 1B) aka EMC Diesel Locomotive  511 and 512.   I haven’t deeply researched or documented what the differences were between the ATSF, B&O and GM&O, and Demos bodies but I need the 511 which served as protection power for the TCZ and DZ shovelnoses and the pair barnstormed on the Q with their Dynamometer car #30.   Of course, I’d also like the full power and train sets to go with it but I just got my CorelCAD software yesterday....and have some studying to do!
The Amos n’ Andy have four or more configurations and one at least ended up back in B-B boxcab form as a freight unit.  There is a book just on the ATSF units (and 1C /512).  I have been collecting a small file of photos and diagrams if you are interested.   I think the B-B “mech” is common with these and the CRI&P and CB&Q TA and EA shovelnoses.
Charlie Vlk

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +406
Hi Dirk,
Is it just the trucks you are designing or are you designing the shell as well?
I'd be in for the trucks. :D

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5253
    • Coming (not so) soon...
So this thread is no longer about the coffin feedwater heater?  I was trying to make some sense of the last several posts, but they made no sense at all. Maybe a separate thread (on the Diesel?) would make things clearer?  :|
. . . 42 . . .

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
  • Respect: +313
Hi Charlie, Alister and Peteski,

My intentions are to produce the ATSF bulldog (rebuilt) A and B versions and the roadswitcher 2611 version first..... maybe later Amos & Andy (and the 511/512 cabs), both cabs and trucks.
But will take some time......

The thread just developed into another train  :D of thought...... not intentional.......

Lets continue the dialogue via info@atsfnscalemodels.com....
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models