Author Topic: Bad news in DC last night, 6/27  (Read 1008 times)

RockGp40

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +285
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1630
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Bad news in DC last night, 6/27
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
+1
I saw that in my Facebook feed this morning.  Deeply tragic. The engineers can't be in good shape either. One hopes all parties are getting the love, support and comfort they need an deserve.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3472
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:36 AM »
I caught this story this morning before work.  One source said trespassers, while another said employees.   Both took their informon from the same spokeperson. 

Sad to hear of this.  Will be interesting to see what the investigation finds

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +589
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
There was another report on WTOP news that said two Amtrak trains were approaching at the same time from opposite directions, passing each other close to where these two were struck.  It also stated that both of the Amtrak trains blew horns and flashed lights(?) when their engineers saw people on the track.  So, I am wondering if the two CSX conductors were distracted by the train that they were facing, one track over from the one they were standing on, and did not realize that another train was also approaching from behind them on the track the were standing on.  Otherwise, it seems to me that they would have been able to avoid being struck by stepping between cars of their own train or at least lying down under the overhang of cars on their own train.  Any thoughts from folks here who actually work out on the rails?