Author Topic: Exactrail announcement  (Read 4185 times)

Hyperion

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
Re: Exactrail announcement
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »
This was one of the cars on my top 5 list, so I'll put my money where my mouth was.  The only poser for me is shipping: if I bundle an order of these cars with the in-stock waffles and such, in order to reach $150, do I get free shipping to Canada, or do I pay shipping twice, @ $25.25 a pop?   

:?

According to their site, you cannot combine Preorder items with In-Stock items on the same order (probably to prevent exactly what you're describing).  So, it'll be double-shipping for you.
-Mark

Kev1340

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
I'm modelling up to 2005, so these just squeeze in ... might look at how close they are to earlier versions though .... probably get half a dozen.

Cheers,

Kev

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1856
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
According to their site, you cannot combine Preorder items with In-Stock items on the same order (probably to prevent exactly what you're describing).  So, it'll be double-shipping for you.

Thanks Mark.  Maybe I should have looked at the site...   ;)  As I've already told ER, I refuse to pay $25 for shipping when other US vendors can ship comparable packages to me for less than $7. So my order will wait.

MichaelWinicki

• Crew
  • Respect: +335
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
Thanks Mark.  Maybe I should have looked at the site...   ;)  As I've already told ER, I refuse to pay $25 for shipping when other US vendors can ship comparable packages to me for less than $7. So my order will wait.

I gotta say, we ship to Canada all the time and if you ship using US Mail/Canada Post the rates aren't that much different than shipping to someone here in the states.  The bug-a-boo about shipping to Canada via the mail system is that it can take some time as opposed to say UPS or Fedex, but the cost savings is substantial.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1856
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
I rest my case.

The biggest delay for us is the wait at Canada Border Services while they sit on the package for a week or two and decide whether or not to slap it with sales tax and an $8.50 "handling" fee.   :x   I can't blame ExactRail for that, but I will continue to publicly hound them on their shipping rates.