0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
The RR 12-1 is a less common plan number than other versions of the 12-1, but when comparing to the MTL model, remember that they also represent different eras in Pullman construction. The RR car is older and correctly shorter in length. The MTL model has the more modern pedimented ends. The MTL cars are nice. I wish there were some stops to keep the trucks from spinning around completely. And I wish the coupler boxes didn't spin on their mounting posts. Oh, and maybe that the coupled spacing wasn't so far apart... But hey, at least the couplers are body mounted to start.
The MTL cars are nice. I wish there were some stops to keep the trucks from spinning around completely. And I wish the coupler boxes didn't spin on their mounting posts. Oh, and maybe that the coupled spacing wasn't so far apart... But hey, at least the couplers are body mounted to start.
The car being compaired in the photo is the Rivarossi Diner which is a Santa Fe Prototype