Author Topic: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s  (Read 7642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26100
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11591
    • Conrail 1285
More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
0
Not the 2 bays:


In case you can't make it out, down there, at the bottom it says "Body Mounted Couplers".

That's right.

Nice job Joe!

Got any more info on the car for us vultures?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:07:35 PM by Ed Kapuscinski »

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
0
Damn. F'ed again.   Hopefully the brake gear will be usable for the old Walthers cars.


Jason

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »
0
It also says proper car height above the rails and photo-etched roofwalk. Nice... we have a winner here by the looks of it. Lack of an etched roofwalk was my only real complaint about the 4427... otherwise a sweet car.

Oops, I misread as well... Evans, not 4427.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:58:26 PM by lock4244 »

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
0
YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Joe!!!

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »
0
I'm confused - MTL makes a low side PS2-4427?  I thought their grain hopper was the evans car?

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19609
  • Respect: +6934
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »
0
So whats on the plaque next to this?

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
0
Is this the only hobby community on earth that never heard of Twitter?

On Trainboard there is a post like:

  "anything announced at the manufacturer breakfast"

and the reply:

  "yes - lots of cool stuff announced!"

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:50:42 PM by ljudice »

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11873
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +939
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
0
I'm confused - MTL makes a low side PS2-4427?  I thought their grain hopper was the evans car?

I think they are referencing the proto "response" - I'm pretty sure MT does not make a 4427 of any sort.

Props to Joe and MT for paying attention (ride height, body mount)

Mark


ljudice

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
0
I just re-read it - and you're 100% correct!  Ooops!

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
0
I figure we'll hear about the manufacturers breakfast later tonight or early tomorrow. Walthers made the low hip 4427. it was a decent  car but I've been waiting for this grain hopper for awhile.

Joe, palease talk them into doing alot of the private leasing schemes, besides constant reissue of BN and CNW, not that that's bad, just there were quite a few schemes on the car.

oakcreekco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +133
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
0
Runner Packs, Runner Packs, Runner Packs ;D
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »
0
Personally, I feel it is unfortunate that it's MT that is releasing this car.  I'm sure the car will be nice, but they'll release one number per road separated by about three years between a second number for the same road.  Additionally, they will probably cost in the neighborhood of $30 a copy.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »
0
At least it's coming out and nobody has come close to even saying they were going to do it. I understand what you are saying, but if MTL is the one, then I'll deal with it and cry for more releases!

I do find it refreshing that they seem to be moviong more toward the trendsetters with body mounting Ride-height. The HW passenger cars are quite nice and now this. Who knows maybe multiple numbers per release isn't such a pipe dream.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »
0
This is why I always say MTL should do really offbeat cars - like odd tank cars, giant tankers, something like the SOU tobacco cars, etc...

Isn't exactrail doing these in HO? Would really bite if they announced it too - but DIDN't announce the SOU wafflesides in n.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:42:15 PM by ljudice »

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1511
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1362
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
0
The Exactrail car is the Low-sided type.
Aaron Bearden